Serves 2 Prep Time 20 mins Cook Time 15 mins Total Time 35 mins
Delicious and tasty salmon with cauliflower rice is really easy to make with full of nutritions.
- 2 salmon fillets (as big as you need for your appetite)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons honey
For the spice rub
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (I use fresh)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I use fresh)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander (dried of fresh)
- 1 teaspoon thyme (dried or fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika or chipotle chill (if you have those)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Tomato Cauliflower Rice
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed powder
- Pinch of chili flakes or powder
- 1/2 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets and finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 Roma tomato (or medium round tomato, otherwise 3–4 cherry tomatoes)
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander or parsley
- 1–2 tablespoons chopped green onion (optional, for garnish)
- Mix honey and lime juice in a bowl and add the salmon. Coat on both sides and set aside while you prepare the cauliflower rice. Halfway through, turn the piece over so that they marinate evenly on each side.
- Mix the rub spices in a small bowl and set aside. Make the cauliflower tomato rice.
- Make the tomato cauliflower rice. Preheat a large frying pan over medium-high. Sauté the onions with olive oil for a minute and add the spices. Stir through and then add the chopped vegetables and butter (or ghee), and cook for 4-5 minutes over high heat. Stir through often. Finish off by adding the fresh herbs and serve.
- To cook the salmon, heat a tablespoon or two of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the salmon fillets from the marinade and shake off slightly. Place on a plate and sprinkle evenly with the spice rub (it should cover the fillets quite well). Press down with your fingers. Turn over and cover the other side. Place in a hot skillet and cook for 3+1/2 minutes on each side, until blackened and crispy. Towards the end of the cooking time, drizzle the remaining lime-honey marinade over the fillets. Serve over tomato cauliflower rice
NUTRITION PER SERVING:
Calories 776 Fibre 12g Carbs 62g Fat 32 g Cholesterol 167g Salt 265mg Iron 32g Sugars 22g Calcium 34% Potassium 2632mg Vitamin A 314% Protein 65g Vitamin C 247%
Starting with our exercise program ‘’ How To Drop High Blood Pressure Below 120/80 In 9 Minutes –
Get link HERE