Serves 6 Prep Time 20 mins Cook Time 15 mins Total Time 35 mins
One of the meals which is ready so fast and still tastes delicious next day.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 large cucumber diced
- ¼ cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 large ripe avocados chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove mincedINSTRUCTIONS
- Place the quinoa in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Toast for 5-7 minutes until the seeds start to pop and become aromatic. Add 2 cups of water to the quinoa and bring to a boil, then turn down the heat to low. Cover and simmer the quinoa for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and keep covered for an additional 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and season with pepper.
- To make the dressing, whisk together red wine vinegar, lime juice, Dijon mustard, garlic.
- When the quinoa is cool, place it in a bowl and add all the ingredients for the salad on top. Pour the dressing on top and stir gently to combine.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container. They will last about 3-4 days in the fridge. If you’re not planning to finish the salad all in one day, it’s best to add the dressing only to the portion you’ll be eating.
Make ahead tips: You can make the dressing up to 1 week in advance and use it when ready for the salad.
NUTRITION PER SERVING:
Calories584 Fibre18g Carbs75g Fat26g Cholesterol 0g Salt 23mg Iron 10,5g Sugars 3,3g Calcium 50% Potassium 1267mg Vitamin A 22% Protein 16g Vitamin C 64%
Starting with our exercise program ‘’ How To Drop High Blood Pressure Below 120/80 In 9 Minutes –
Get link HERE